Home | About Liberia | President’s Message | Visit Liberia | Invest in Liberia | Accommodations | Contact us
> Introduction to Liberia
> Liberia at a Glance
> The President’s Message
> Government Structure & Mandate
> Reasons to Visit Liberia
> Reasons to Invest in Liberia
> Established Corporations in Liberia
> The People of Liberia
> Security Sector Reform
> Rubber & Palm Oil
> Agriculture
> Infrastructure
> Logging
> Fishing Industry
> Media
> Tourism
> Mining
> Transportation
> Banking Sector
 
The People Of Liberia
The people of Liberia come from a diverse background with sixteen ethnic groups and over twenty different dialects spoken throughout the country. The various dialects are spoken by the numerous African tribes which make up 95% of Liberia’s population that are classified as indigenous. The remaining 5% are referred to as America-Liberians who trace their ancestry to formerly enslaved or free-born African-Americans. Christianity is Liberia’s main religious sector, comprising of roughly 60% of the overall population. The Islamic faith is second and accounts for 20% of Liberia’s religious beliefs. Lastly are traditional beliefs of various kinds, which make up the remaining 20%. The Liberian people are extremely family-oriented and known for their friendliness, hospitality and hardworking approach. They treat foreigners with the utmost respect and are very engaging and helpful.

Liberia’s growth rate is estimated at 2.67% placing it as one of the fastest growing in the world

“Liberia - A Country like no other in the World!

 
> Central Bank & its Role
> How to Establish a Business
> Obtaining an Investment Incentive
> Priority Areas of Investment
> Tax Incentives
> Immigration & Visas
> Established International Treaties
> Government Agencies & Commissions
> Funding Agencies
> Accommodations
> National & Public Holidays